It's official...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many Congrats Rob, I went to a great presentation by a group of folk from the brewery on the 24th of Sept in Aberdeen where they liberally dished out 4 of their excellent beers up to and including a Phsyco Stout at 10.2%. I hope you enjoy yourself, they sound like a good bunch of folk to work with.

yeah they're really down to earth and friendly, I wondered if I'd be too miserable for them but apparently not! hahah. It's bar and restaurant work for now, they seem to have a good development programme and they're talking about visits to the brewery and stuff, a weekly taster of the new beers in stock, and there's a homebrew club on the last wednesday of every month apparently too! awesome!
The job sounds really cool, they told me you can wander off with customers for 5 minutes when it's quieter, give them some samplers, talk about the beer and get them interested. It'll be really awesome to fly the flag for craft beer as a job :cheers:

(lol @ 4500 posts)

Hey Rob well done!!!!
That's great news, somebody once told me "a job you enjoy is the key to a happy life"

After all we are at work a long time, with your brewing interests I'm sure you'll do well.

And you better because I'm now a shareholder! ;) :thumb:

@ Simon....And you better because I'm now a shareholder!

Aah your the one....

welp, started last night. we do 10 hours of training before even touching a tap...

by training, I mean we sat down and tried almost every brewdog beer on the bar. that includes Nanny State (0.5%) and Tokyo (18.2%) - with a free pint at the end of the shift. not that we needed it.

I don't wanna say I'm living the dream, but... :lol:

Always quite fancied a job with them, maybe next year when the kids are a little older!

Congrats! Did you take some of your homebrew along? If going for a job at a brewery it never hurts to bring along some beer you've made :D

Back