Japan

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JapanBrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Been reading this forum for some time now. Thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself.
I'm an expat in Japan for a very, very long time. (Please, no education or comments about brewing laws in Japan).
I love what this forum is doing and its members. Keeping brewing, brewing. If anybody is on this side of the globe and want to get together and share.... Drink... Shoot the ****, drop a line!!!!

Quick update.... My nickname was supposed to be JapanBrew but having 5 pints down, I missed that. Oops!!!

I just started with a kit but already want to gear up for grain brewing. But it's really hard to find anything here in Japan. If I can't find any good grains by next brew, I'll just use LME but do additions with hops.

Hi everyone. Been reading this forum for some time now. Thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself.
I'm an expat in Japan for a very, very long time. (Please, no education or comments about brewing laws in Japan).
I love what this forum is doing and its members. Keeping brewing, brewing. If anybody is on this side of the globe and want to get together and share.... Drink... Shoot the ****, drop a line!!!!

It is one of the better forums, I think.

And welcome :thumb:

I just started with a kit but already want to gear up for grain brewing. But it's really hard to find anything here in Japan. If I can't find any good grains by next brew, I'll just use LME but do additions with hops.

Australia are big exporters of malt to japan but if their grains aren't suitable LME/DME & hops works for me along with a small amount of grains to steep. Of course you could use dark sugars & syrups to give a bit more variety.

Thanks guys. I found a site but what they call the grain is a little different from the normal names everyone else gives them. Going to have to find some other brewers here in Japan to find out the names.

Hello! I don't know where you are in Japan, but I overheard some American expats chatting about homebrewing in the Harajuku Taproom in Tokyo around this time last year. Might be a starting point for whatever local scene there is!

Hello! I don't know where you are in Japan, but I overheard some American expats chatting about homebrewing in the Harajuku Taproom in Tokyo around this time last year. Might be a starting point for whatever local scene there is!

Yes, it has really started to pick up. There is a place in Yokohama, Antenna America, that sells hundreds of micro brew beers. The problem is there are so many damn laws against brewing and such…
I have a lot of floor space in my buildings here in Japan and I am so tempted to open a small supply store…. I know I am new but stocking up grains to sell to others here in Japan, I think, would be awesome. Not to mention funding my own hobby!! ;)

Latest posts

Back