Jay's Electric Brewery Build - UK Version

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cononthebarber said:
I have enjoyed reading through this so far, your build seems to be going well! Good luck on finishing it :thumb:

Thanks very much:)

Jay

The Tap and Die set finally turned up:)

The SSR's have now been screwed to the Heatsink and the Heatsink mounting holes have been drilled and tapped:)

Jay

The control panel door has had 3 coat of black hammered finish paint

After allowing to dry and harden for 2 days the Pilot Lights were added along with the 22mm buzzer

It's really nice to be able to actually see progress being made:)

Jay

The panel switches have now been added:)

Followed by the PIDS and the Timer:)

Starting to take shape now!!! :)

Jay

Then the Volt and Amp Meters were added:)

So here is a more or less finished pic of the front of the Control Panel, all that's needed is another PID which I will order when the seller is back from his Xmas holiday.

Not sure if I will add the handles to the front yet or not.

Jay

Looking good! (Me legs are going weak now too...). I'm following this closely as I hope to emulate this project sometime in 2014 (but with one less PID, and only one recirc/sparge pump switch). Keep up the good work I'm really looking forward to the wiring reports. :grin:

thedrayman said:
Looking good! (Me legs are going weak now too...). I'm following this closely as I hope to emulate this project sometime in 2014 (but with one less PID, and only one recirc/sparge pump switch). Keep up the good work I'm really looking forward to the wiring reports. :grin:

Hello, thanks.... I must admit that I am really enjoying the build.

Should not be to much longer before the wiring begins :shock:

Jay

Hi, the last PID has been ordered along with all of the internal components that are needed, I just need to source 2 suitable door bell step down transformers and the safe start interlock:)

I have a weeks holiday next week so hopefully a lot of the parts will start to turn up soon!! :cheers:

Jay

Here is a pic of the rear of the door with all the parts fitted:)

Ready for the wiring to commence!!

Jay

Today's progress, not a massive step forward but one of those jobs that end up taking a lot longer then first expected:(

All of the equipment sockets have been installed onto the control panel bottom plate:)

Pilot holes were first drilled and then I used my 22mm hole cutter and stepped drill bit to make the holes as large as I could, then it was a simple case of tediously enlarging the holes to the required size with a Dremel.... It took hours.

All that's left to do is add the securing screws but that is a job for tomorrow:)

Jay

Jay, Have you got a web link to the two-position (off/on) switches you bought? Cheers

Latest posts

Back