John bull county cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDan

Landlord.
Reaction score
Anyone tried the Above kit, I have never done a cider from kit only made TC. Made this up to around 30 pints with a kilo of brewing sugar, don't quite think it's going to make the 7% suggested on the instructions.

Was going to stick this in a corny ready for bonfire night, was wondering if it would be worth topping up with a bit of apple juice as I think the flavour is going to be very weak. But then again, I doubt anyone will care too much on the night as it's free!

I made the same kit last year and it was :sick: .

Tasteless, lifeless, what more can I say. It all went down the drain. It might be much better if like you say, substitute some of the water for apple juice. I have a Young's Cider kit ready to make and I also have ten litres of apple juice ready to put in with it.

Hmm maybe I should have spent a bit more and bought one of the on the rocks ones or a muntons two can kit.

I did notice on the back of the John bull kit it had youngs written on it, I hope you don't have the same bad luck with that one

Oh well if it turns out bad, I will leave this corny until later on in the night once people have had a few and have no taste buds left

I found also the Muntons kit disappointing. I think that the "Magnum Apple Cider Kit" is probably one of the best ones although I would chose TC over any kit any day!

Well I should think I will be kegging it next weekend, not holding up much hope for it. I will probably give an onthe rocks one a go after, if it turns out bad...back to tc!

Back