Juicing apples for wine?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HLA91

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I was looking at CJJ Berry's recipe for apple wine (the one using 6lb of apples) now in the past when I have made it with my granddad we have done exactly as the book says
"Wash and cut up the apples, skins, brown patches and all. Windfalls will do. Simmer 10-15 minutes in one gallon of water. Strain liquid on to the sugar etc...", but I have a power juicer in the cupboard and I was thinking for simplicity why not juice the apples. Just wondering would it work? Also how would I go about sterilizing the juicer? or would I have to boil the extracted juice ?

Also in regards to the apples I was thinking of using asda smart price to keep costs down but I think they will be a bit bland so would chucking 2-3 cooking apples give it a bit more flavor?

Cheers

HLA91

i have also considered this... and i would suppose it would be similar to using bought apple juice? lol...

the recipe i have says to cut into 1/4 and add x amount of water and leave for 10days, stiring 2-3 times a day... but i normally 2/3 fill a FB and completely cover with water... mix as stated and drain... but i normally put extra sugar in, it makes a delicate sweet wine :D

:whistle:

Latest posts

Back