Keg conditioning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyrebo

Reaction score
Hi,

When kegging my beer, is there any reason I can't skip adding the sugar for secondary fermentation..? I was hoping to just add co2 to the keg, and then put it straight in the cellar to condition..?

The only reason being that I don't want to keep it in the house as I have nightmares about the kids playing with the tap and losing my brew. Also, having three kids, I don't really have any spare cupboard space.

Thanks

If it's a plastic keg the Co2 only really provides dispensing pressure and isnt high enough to carbonate on it's own.You really need to use sugar and let it self carnbonate...

+1 On the above comments, you will have practically no carbonation to the brew and will end up using a lot more gas than you would normally
:cheers:

+1 it cost me a bit few £ on co2 bulbs when I put a lager in my pressure barrel :doh:
Lesson learnt the hard way.

Maybe bribery is the way to keep the kids away from it, it's what I plan on doing when my bambino is old enough to understand.

Back