Kegarator users: mounting a gas manifold

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, after getting through a couple of cheap fridges off FB marketplace to convert to kegarators I've finally decided to 'invest' in a proper kegarator, so got a basic Kegland X that can take 4 19 litre kegs. I've also got a 6 keg manifold...I usually use 9 litre corny kegs so can fit upto 8 kegs in there so can easily supply my 4 taps and have a couple of 9 litre kegs conditioning.

The manifold body is made from extruded aluminium and has some mounting holes. I would like to screw directly into the inside LHS of the kegarator. I'm assuming there are no cooling coils inside the side walls as there isn't in a normal larder fridge? Anyone done this with their kegarator?

Thanks.

If you're not on the Kegland Facebook Group (and have Facebook) it's worth joining as there's lots of discussion and advice on things like this.

Most seem to mount a manifold outside the fridge (either on the rear using the existing holes for the Co2 cyinder holder, using command strips; or attaching to a nearby wall), and I've seen one comment that there are condenser tubes in the sides of the fridge.

Ah OK will do. The walls are very thin so not much space for cooling coils and decent level of insulation but I want to be sure. Just don't fancy having to find a way to pass six different gas lines into the fridge somehow, defeats the object of using a manifold in the first place. I created a manifold with gas line and lots of JG fittings but being 100% confident its totally sealed is impossible and I have emptied a gas bottle..luckily it was pretty much empty anyway but there clearly was a leak somewhere.

Think I'll just get some super strong double sided tape maybe.

Ah OK will do. The walls are very thin so not much space for cooling coils and decent level of insulation but I want to be sure. Just don't fancy having to find a way to pass six different gas lines into the fridge somehow, defeats the object of using a manifold in the first place. I created a manifold with gas line and lots of JG fittings but being 100% confident its totally sealed is impossible and I have emptied a gas bottle..luckily it was pretty much empty anyway but there clearly was a leak somewhere.

Think I'll just get some super strong double sided tape maybe.

You can pass 6 lines easily. Mine hanging on the side on cable ties, awaiting for a permanent solution.

Ok will give that a go then. The manifold is bulkier than I expected too so gives me a bit more room.
Thanks for the idea, using the screws for the bracket, a long overdue job has been done today, plus I've added my new secondary regulator. Now testing it for leaks.

Attachments

• IMG_20230101_145402.jpg
    IMG_20230101_145402.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 0
Looks like you’re sorted. Just to confirm I did email Kegland about screwing a manifold into the side of the unit and they said it was a big no no as the sides do indeed contain coolant lines so are different to normal domestic fridges where I have drilled holes and screwed stuff to the sides Willy nilly. Glad I checked but screwing up a £30 Facebook market place fridge is different to a new kegarator.

Latest posts

Back