Kegging pisner

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninja7

Reaction score
Hi there just kegged my czeck pilsner and sealed lid with 20 psi . Gona let it sit in fridge on gas for 2 weeks now two force carb at about 3-4c wot psi should i go for the 2 weeks? then it be stored in garige at room temp . Wont be drunk till end may so be a cold summer drink .
My oatmeal stout i left on gas at 10 for 2 weeks but not sure with a pilsner . These and the oatmeal are my first kegs and fisrt go at force carb so taps not setup or bought yet till may . Just loading up beer stock for summer

Also kegged a rice larger what was presure fermented at 15 psi and 14c id like to stick this in fridge 2 on splitter with gas between 2 if pos .

This is the chart @chopps recommended to me recently: it’s intended for pubs and works very well.
1681045369993.png

So me looking at that at temp 4c. Is in the range is 12 psi normal and up -16 psi for amarican pilsners is that correct and me following right . Is that 2 weeks at that psi
Thanks

So me looking at that at temp 4c. Is in the range is 12 psi normal and up -16 psi for amarican pilsners is that correct and me following right . Is that 2 weeks at that psi
Thanks
Yes that’s right: American lagers are 2.5 to 2.8 volumes of CO2, which at 4°c equates to 12-15 PSI.
A couple of weeks should do it, but in my opinion if you’re in a hurry you can speed that up by increasing the pressure a bit.
Personally I take all these kind of charts as a starting point and adjust as I see fit: at the end of the day it’s your beer, so you should drink it the way you like!
Final note: teaching my grandma here, but you have to maintain the pressure at that level during conditioning - you can’t just pressurise the keg and seal it up!

Thats good i got that right Yep 12psi sounds good for czeck maybe bit higher for jap rice pilsner so bit more fizz like bud..

Thank you and yeah tips welcome as say its my first keg and gas so learning on the job.
My plan was to leave gas on at 12psi for 2 weeks in fridge to carb then store without gas is this ok .
you got me with maintain fort that was just for the 2 weeks carbing then again when on Taps .

Will be building taps on tower or in fridge door end month .

Hi there just kegged my czeck pilsner and sealed lid with 20 psi . Gona let it sit in fridge on gas for 2 weeks now two force carb at about 3-4c wot psi should i go for the 2 weeks? then it be stored in garige at room temp . Wont be drunk till end may so be a cold summer drink .
My oatmeal stout i left on gas at 10 for 2 weeks but not sure with a pilsner . These and the oatmeal are my first kegs and fisrt go at force carb so taps not setup or bought yet till may . Just loading up beer stock for summer

Also kegged a rice larger what was presure fermented at 15 psi and 14c id like to stick this in fridge 2 on splitter with gas between 2 if pos .
I always use this calculator. It seems to work perfectly well 🍻.

https://www.brewgoat.se/en/pages/digital-kolsyretabell

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230410_194548_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230410_194548_com.android.chrome.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Top man nice easy digital one insted of grapths .

On beer temps psi do i go with what beer was fermented at or what finished at or what it is in frige cold crashing temp . . Ie i started at 10c for 2 weeks then raised to 18 to clean and finish up now its at 4c . Im sure its the highest temp so be 18 .
This be for next time as its sitting at 12psi now set and forget at 4-5c . Thanks

Top man nice easy digital one insted of grapths .

On beer temps psi do i go with what beer was fermented at or what finished at or what it is in frige cold crashing temp . . Ie i started at 10c for 2 weeks then raised to 18 to clean and finish up now its at 4c . Im sure its the highest temp so be 18 .
This be for next time as its sitting at 12psi now set and forget at 4-5c . Thanks
Dr Hans explains it quite well in the video, basically if you're fermenting under pressure to achieve carbonation then you would set the pressure to correspond with the recommended temperature value at the end of fermentation.
If you're just going for forced carbonation then set the pressure to the recommended value for the temperature you are cold crashing at to achieve your required volumes of CO2. You can set and forget ! it won't over carbonate, as the beer will only absorb a specific amount of CO2 depending on the temperature and pressure.🍻
There's also a calculator on the hopsteiner website under tools along with some other useful tools.
https://www.hopsteiner.com/uk/psi-calculator/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back