Ken Bruce

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what Vernon brings to Radio 2, i haven't listened to the afternoon prog in years due to Ken and the groundhog day feeling i got when he was on.

Greatest Hits radio have Simon Mayo doing Drive Time and it's the same great show he did on R2. Confessions (nothing illegal or laxative related!) great chat and music. I'll certainly be tuning in to Ken Bruce so I can shout at the radio during Popmaster.

Who's bright idea was it to bring Ken Bruce to Greatest hits?
I just can't take to him. I'd say he's only slightly less annoying than Pat Sharp.
I know it's his first day but I'm not impressed at all, I genuinely can't see what all the fuss is about. The "jingles" on pop master sound like they're out of the 80's, it's as if he's not tweaked the format since he started it and the whole segment goes on for far too long. I hope they bring Mark Goodier back to the morning slot. It was bad enough when they moved Andy Crane to late evening.
I will give him the benefit of a full week but I can see me switching to Smooth radio.
As it is we avoid Greatest hits on the weekend afternoons, I hope we don't have to switch off weekday mornings too.
Not a happy listener at the moment

Cheers Tom

Sounds like the radio 2 listeners didn't want him to leave, and GHR listeners didn't want him to join!

Sounds like the radio 2 listeners didn't want him to leave,
The ones i spoke to were more than happy, i know people don't like change but the same thing every day for several years just got boring then irritating.

One for the fans -

It'd be unfair of me to dismiss him on just one show but I have a feeling he's not a grower 🙁

Cheers Tom

Well two weeks in and we now tune in to Smooth in the morning. Kate Garraway is much easier on the ears than that Radio 2 cast off. If he didn't do that terrible bl00dy quiz thing we might stay tuned as the station's playlist is spot on. I don't know how long it's actually on for but on the couple of occasions we listened to it, it seemed to go on forever. A never ending boring waste of airtime. And what are channel 4 thinking in bringing it to the telly? So, will we switch back over to Greatest hits after his show finishes? We'll see........

Cheers Tom

Well two weeks in and we now tune in to Smooth in the morning. Kate Garraway is much easier on the ears than that Radio 2 cast off. If he didn't do that terrible bl00dy quiz thing we might stay tuned as the station's playlist is spot on.

Does he still play it on the radio now he is famous on TV? :D

yyyure.JPG

Latest posts

Back