king keg co2 options

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpbeer

Reaction score
Hi guys
Just ordered the king keg with the s30 valve which takes the co2 bulbs. I'm sure this should be OK in the short term but is there any other options available. I'm in n.Ireland and it seems pretty hard to get a cylinder refilled. I've read somewhere that you can use halfords welding co2 with a king keg. Any advice appreciated.
Cheers jp

Hi - you need the S30 mini cannister, not the small 8g bulbs. I could not get on with the small 8g bulbs and have upgraded to the S30 system - will let you know how I get on.
S30 can be ordered mail order, and returned for a refilled on when empty. Better to find a local supplier as they are heavy.

you can mod a PB for a regulated co2 supply, you will need a regulator, and a further hole drilled in the lid for a smaller 3/8" tube fitting to feed the co2 in.
the benefit would be if you can tweak it to a nominal pressure, to serve a consistent pour pint after pint

PB's cant take that much pressure, and with the basic lazy band prv and all the threaded seals tap, lid, and lid fittings you have a number of possible leak points and you only need one to drop a whole 6.5kg bottle of gas overnight!

the s30 would be my best option for a PB if a leak occurs you loos a single charge of co2 and can recharge once sorted..

Back