Kingston Black- what to mate with?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidlandBrewer

Reaction score
Hi there,

The Kingston Black 'twig' I bought off evilbay is doing quite well (which I didnt expect it to).
It looks like the soil out where I live now (right out in the sticks) is really good so Im going to get a couple more apple trees....
Obviously Im looking for somthing I can make cider from but I also need somthing that can use to pollinate the forementioned Kingston.

Any advise from any apple tree growers would be greatly appreciated, I should be able to fit in 2 -3 more trees no problem :thumb:

Cheers

A few quick snaps :)

FullSizeRender.jpg

tree1.jpg

tree2.jpg

You seem to know what you are doing. Apples are either self pollinating or you need another variety. I would either Google a lot or maybe look at the Brogdale site.

You will need something that is in flower at exactly the same time, I'm sure you should get good info on sites that sell cider apple trees or bare root stock, my solitary self pollinating apple tree hasn't got it on with itself in the last 5 years until this year. If that field beside you is used for cattle or horses i would be inclined to keep any more trees outta reach of them.

Latest posts

Back