Kit Styles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

link64

Reaction score
Morning!

Couple of kit questions as I want to start lining up my next kit soon!

I'm looking for two very different styles, first is a belgian style ale, the mrs quite liked them when we went to Bruges last year so wanted to try and recreate something similar to Zot Blonde, I imagine this would be quite a difficult brew!

The other one I'd really like to try is a honey ale, I think this could be tricky working out how much honey to add due to the sugar... I'm thinking a light golden ale kit like St Peters with a good honey hit rather than just the honey aroma.

Has anyone tried to make either of these styles before? I think these will probably be my last kits before I invest in some kit to make AG so I can experiment a bit more! :)

I've not tried Zot Blonde but the only kit that might be quite close is the Festival World Belgian Pale Ale. Brewferm do lots of good Belgian styles and the closest of these would probably be the gold kit but some have reported it's a little bland.

As for a honey beer why not try adding honey to a pale colour kit instead of sugar. I have previously used Coopers lager as a good base for experiments, the kit plus 500g extra light spraymalt and a jar of decent quality honey would be a good place to start. For maximum honey flavour you could try adding the honey late in fermentation so less flavour and aroma is scrubbed out by the yeast.

I've not tried Zot Blonde but the only kit that might be quite close is the Festival World Belgian Pale Ale. Brewferm do lots of good Belgian styles and the closest of these would probably be the gold kit but some have reported it's a little bland.

As for a honey beer why not try adding honey to a pale colour kit instead of sugar. I have previously used Coopers lager as a good base for experiments, the kit plus 500g extra light spraymalt and a jar of decent quality honey would be a good place to start. For maximum honey flavour you could try adding the honey late in fermentation so less flavour and aroma is scrubbed out by the yeast.

Thanks Joel!

I'll give the honey a go for starters I think, seems straight forward :D

Back