Klarstein Mundschenk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• 20231124_170640.jpg
    20231124_170640.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231124_170745.jpg
    20231124_170745.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231124_175255.jpg
    20231124_175255.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231124_170640.jpg
    20231124_170640.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231124_170745.jpg
    20231124_170745.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
I've no idea. Could find a sticky bead it it. But I'd imagine the silicone will be fine. Will try and get the sticky bead out if I can as it isn't needed.

Even if it's not sealed round the edge, it'll be far better than it not being there at all. You could also use some beer like sliced open. That would be good safe I guess.
Stupid question, it what are the m5 used for?!

See pic two neil. The legs it comes with are only 20mm so the item as made fouls the drain valve. The nuts and bolts are used to raise it enough the clear the drain assembly.
The grain basket still goes in ok and doesn't foul the FB at all.

Ah, OK, makes sense. It'll be interesting to see how much it traps. Does the whirlpool arm still fit with this in place?
I've got a plate chiller on the way, and ideally want to use the pump to empty via that. I'm keen to find a way to filter the outcoming wort so that doesn't just block straight away with the hops etc.

Ah, OK, makes sense. It'll be interesting to see how much it traps. Does the whirlpool arm still fit with this in place?
I've got a plate chiller on the way, and ideally want to use the pump to empty via that. I'm keen to find a way to filter the outcoming wort so that doesn't just block straight away with the hops etc.
Like you just started using a plate chiller wow they are amazingly efficient. I just use gravity rather than pumped. I clamp mine underneath my workbench and use short bits of silicone hose.
No the whirlpool doesn't fit but if you look on ali kegland make an extenstion which was a few quid delivered that does that job.
Or 2 of the disconnects and a bit of hose. I've also order a brewzilla gen 4 recirculation arm and cip ball.
The recirc arm will allow me to add bit of silicone hose and lay it on the top plate rather than the current one which just pushes wort down one part of the grainbed.
All it needs now is the WiFi computer that brewmonk have introduced and we are away

I’d like to hear how well the false bottom works. I gave up trying to find one and bought the grainfather hop spider instead. Stopped using a regular hop spider as utilisation was too low.

Like you just started using a plate chiller wow they are amazingly efficient. I just use gravity rather than pumped. I clamp mine underneath my workbench and use short bits of silicone hose.
No the whirlpool doesn't fit but if you look on ali kegland make an extenstion which was a few quid delivered that does that job.
Or 2 of the disconnects and a bit of hose. I've also order a brewzilla gen 4 recirculation arm and cip ball.
The recirc arm will allow me to add bit of silicone hose and lay it on the top plate rather than the current one which just pushes wort down one part of the grainbed.
All it needs now is the WiFi computer that brewmonk have introduced and we are away
Ah, I see. So the extension just lifts it up a bit and makes it easier to position? I've got spare hose, so can easily knock something up with a couple of camlock fittings. I've never used a whirlpool before, so will be interesting to see how much it helps keep the break away from the pump hole.

Will report back but my next brew will be a citra apa with maris and pilsner malt. I'm using whole hops instead of t90. I tried hop spider but I really want to just throw the hops in to get the best utilisation.

I've always found it a little odd that hop spiders tend to be tall and thin. They'd be better being much wider. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place! I normally use a spider, and it's worked fine so far for me.

I blame the Malt Miller and their you tube content. If I had the dosh I'd be straight into either the latest GF or Brewzilla both have these new fangled false bottoms and cool malt tubes.
I can live without thr malt tube but the false bottom looked cool.
I also use one of those kegland long springs that screw into a half inch t piece. That and the false bottom I'm hoping will do the job.
Last time I used whole hops one jumped out the spider and almost straight away found its way to the pump. Not fun. Full strip down requires to get it out!!

I did a little upgrade for transfer out. Its a male camlock to tubing barb (I use 10mm ID x 14mm OD) saves me having to wedge the tubing onto the sparge arm which has kinda sharp edges tears into the tube.

E, 1/2"
£2.58 total
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005004671318872.html

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 13.44.00.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 13.44.00.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
So this is the FB I use
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £16.11 6%OFF | False Bottom OD345mm Stainless Steel 304 Filter Plate With Supporting Feet For Homebrew Tank,Distillation Accessories
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNRUMsg
Following on from issues raised around the silicone I got being food safe, I found some food save pvc beer line I had on a beer gun.
Cut it down to size and then slipped the Stanley knife down one side.
I used some copper wire strands to hold in place at the ends.
Result. Bang on the correct size.
It slips in and out easier than with the silicone and if there is a gap it is less than those that are in the sheet itself.

So this is the FB I use
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £16.11 6%OFF | False Bottom OD345mm Stainless Steel 304 Filter Plate With Supporting Feet For Homebrew Tank,Distillation Accessories
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNRUMsg
Following on from issues raised around the silicone I got being food safe, I found some food save pvc beer line I had on a beer gun.
Cut it down to size and then slipped the Stanley knife down one side.
I used some copper wire strands to hold in place at the ends.
Result. Bang on the correct size.
It slips in and out easier than with the silicone and if there is a gap it is less than those that are in the sheet itself.
Sorry but I don’t think pvc is safe at 100 degrees either. Do you have a silicone hose to try the same?

Ok Peeps Y'all been using one of Klarsteins for the best part of a year... whats your opinion on them are they worth the money or is it worth paying more for a GF G30v3 or a BZ gen4?

If you can get one as cheap as we did then yes. If I was buying at full price I'd go for the Brewzilla.
Atm for me this is the market leader with the rapt add ons and malt pipe to match the newest GF

I'm happy with it for the ridiculously cheap price paid and has made brew day a little simpler over my previous biab setup.
I think the temperature control is (inconsistently) a little off so still use a thermometer when mashing.

If I needed to replace it now (at full price) then I'd go for one of GF G30v3 or BZ G4.

Just modify your klarstein.
Fit a SMARTPid, fit a three way valve so you can whirlpool mix the wort during mash and recirculate. Get a CF chiller and use this inline to whirlpool. Get or make a trubttrapper.
You'll have a great brew rig then without the B4 grief of blocked pumps, buying extra probes and being tied to a proprietary server for the rapt system.

Latest posts

Back