Klarstein Mundschenk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eight Ace

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This started as a limited offer thread in December and has turned into a long discussion about the machine, chillers etc so I have moved it to the equipment forum as members may have missed it in the sales forum - Admin.

Thought I'd flag this.

Klarsteins Mundschenk all in one system usually goes for £300+. The copper version is currently reduced to £235.99 on it's website (and Hifi Tower), which is tempting enough.

However, there's also another 25% off this. So you're looking at a total of £176.99! That's good enough for me to take the plunge and upgrade to a shiny all in one system.

Granted it's not top of the range and only 30l capacity, but I've not seen sny comparable systems anywhere near this price.

25% off code - KS-SA2-LE5

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd flag this.

Klarsteins Mundschenk all in one system usually goes for £300+. The copper version is currently reduced to £235.99 on it's website (and Hifi Tower), which is tempting enough.

However, there's also another 25% off this. So you're looking at a total of £176.99! That's good enough for me to take the plunge and upgrade to a shiny all in one system.

Granted it's not top of the range and only 30l capacity, but I've not seen sny comparable systems anywhere near this price.
Thanks for this. I've been looking to upgrade to a recirc system & this is too good a price to pass up.

I've had a Klarstein Maischfest for about 3 years now & been very happy with it, especially durability so hopefully the Mundschenk follows suit!

I made one from copper coil from Wickes, you’ll need something to bend it around, I used a paint tin, and a pipe bender and cutter. i use jubilee clip to the hose.

I made one from copper coil from Wickes, you’ll need something to bend it around, I used a paint tin, and a pipe bender and cutter. i use jubilee clip to the hose.
I did exactly the same mate, cost me £26 from B&Q for a coil of 10mm copper pipe, straightened the first 600mm then wrapped the rest round a paint tin, left the last 300mm straight and that was more or less it finished and it works great.

Stupid question.. but how do you then use it? Do you just run cold from the tap and straight down the sink or into the flower bed, or do you collect the water and reuse it somehow? I assume its still 'clean'? What sort of flow rate do you aim for?

Just wondered if anyone knows the minimum brew volume that the klarstein will handle - I'm looking at 5L to 10L batches

I might just move away from kits!!!

thanksG

Stupid question.. but how do you then use it? Do you just run cold from the tap and straight down the sink or into the flower bed, or do you collect the water and reuse it somehow? I assume its still 'clean'? What sort of flow rate do you aim for?
Turn flow as high as you can and I put the exit pipe down the grid.

Connect a hose from the cold tap to one end, connect a hose to the other and either run it into a drain or if you’re ecco you could collect it.
I go for a medium flow rate which seems to work fine for me.
Another option is to use a pond pump submerged into a builders bucket that’s filled with ice and water, connect the outlet of the pond pump to one end of the chiller and the outlet of the chiller goes back into the builders bucket (or similar receptacle)

The pump approach may well work for me - I have a large waterbutt and a pond pump, so that would certainly save on the wasted water. I guess you could always also use the heated mains water for cleaning the kit after the brew.

Jus
The pump approach may well work for me - I have a large waterbutt and a pond pump, so that would certainly save on the wasted water. I guess you could always also use the heated mains water for cleaning the kit after the brew.
t make sure the pump is hot water rated mate, not all are

Made a cooler myself last weekend 10m copper coil from toolstation, wrapped round a fence paint sprayer. 10mm to 15mm copper adapter and then take the nut and olive off the 15mm side and attach hose tap connector.

You almost beat me to it with that comment @Jiffy176 ! I'm looking at the bits now, and 10mm pipe is a tiny amount more than the 8mm... I assume the 10mm will be more effective/quicker due to the larger surface area - so I'll take your lead and go with that!

Yes Neil and the the parts require less thinking with 10mm. I think the coil was 2 or 3 quid more but you save this when you get the off the shelf bits for the 10 to 15 compression bits and toolstations own hose connectors at 69p each. Toolstation was cheaper than screwfix for all bits.

Back