Lack of white gj in local supermarkets ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alan66

Reaction score
Hi all, I have noticed since returning to brewing the lack or zero presence of white grape juice in Morrisons, Tesco, Sainsburys, Lidl, Asda and such ? I can not find white grape juice in any of the above supermarkets in the midlands ? Any info where to find it locally appreciated.
Thanks

Alan

This has been the case for a couple of years, some members can find it locally others cannot find it anywhere, wilko sell WGJ concentrate and some members have used that, I gave up and moved to red grape juice which makes a cracking rose type wine, if you look back from the end of the thread in my signature you will see it discussed at length.

If your still stuck ring these guys https://www.stute-foods.com/ ask them for a wholsaler in your area, ring the wholesaler and ask if they deliver to anyone in your area, it typically sells at about £1.60-70 per litre though i have seen it in online health food shops nearer £2.00. The less the demand the higher the price, if demand drops then its only a matter of time before those that do stock it take it of the shelves alltogether.

Thanks for the info Chewie, I have only recently come back in to brewing from a 6 year rest. I was pretty shocked at the lack of this stuff on the shelves now. Thanks again.

This has been the case for a couple of years, some members can find it locally others cannot find it anywhere, wilko sell WGJ concentrate and some members have used that, I gave up and moved to red grape juice which makes a cracking rose type wine, if you look back from the end of the thread in my signature you will see it discussed at length.

Thanks Chippy.

The only place I've found it recently is waitrose

wgj.jpg

Back