Leeds, pudsey to be brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fenton walls

Reaction score
Currently in the process of wiring up the cellar to turn into my home brew den, having never brewed before!

Any info from locals about best places to buy grains hops gas etc would be greatly appreciated!

Also any eyes on experience I could get before I brew my first batch would be great,

Kind regards, Fenton

Welcome to the forum Fenton
cheers:

Have you bought your brewing kit if yes what have you bought if no what are you looking to buy?

Thanks chippy,

I am picking up a second hand swan urn for 20 quid with a thermistor so I’m able to do a rolling boil etc, and purchased a second hand bundle of fermenters scales and loads of other miscellaneous items, about 145 quid all in so far

Plan to do BIAB

Cheers

Hi Fenton, based on t'other side of the city. Long time lurker on the forums, rarely posting - today is my overdose day, 2 posts in one day😲. Found lots of help on the forum, so not going to compete with the great advice from some of the more experienced brewers on her but will offer my 2p worth on starting up.

Got back in to homebrewing a couple of years back, just as lockdown kicked in. Decided to go all grain this time having done brew kits way back when the kids were very young. Bought barely used second hand generic grainfather system (klarstein/brew devil/ etc all seem to be the same thing) at half new price. After a few brews went to a Fast ferment conical fermenter as they were on a good offer and fancied giving it a go, couldn't justify the cost of full SS.

Honestly can't compare the kit stuff I used to make with my latest brewing adventures. Family and friends give me good feedback, brothers reckon the stuff I kick out passes the 'I'd pay pub price for that' test - assume it's a compliment 😀🍻

Bought a some all-grain kits from and bits of stuff from GEB (GeterBrewed) always found them to give good service. Also the option to set up your own recipes in your customer area. Also used the usual suspects in the past - Malt Miller, Brew2Bottle...partly as for the first couple of years, local HB's were in lockdown.

As your in Pudsey, Abbey and Morley HB not too far, along with BrewCo in Halifax.

Bought some odds and sods from this place a few weeks ago, worth a look in

https://wickedbrewing.uk/
Very helpful and knowledgable, will give you lots of advice if you call in.

Hi Fenton, based on t'other side of the city. Long time lurker on the forums, rarely posting - today is my overdose day, 2 posts in one day😲. Found lots of help on the forum, so not going to compete with the great advice from some of the more experienced brewers on her but will offer my 2p worth on starting up.

Got back in to homebrewing a couple of years back, just as lockdown kicked in. Decided to go all grain this time having done brew kits way back when the kids were very young. Bought barely used second hand generic grainfather system (klarstein/brew devil/ etc all seem to be the same thing) at half new price. After a few brews went to a Fast ferment conical fermenter as they were on a good offer and fancied giving it a go, couldn't justify the cost of full SS.

Honestly can't compare the kit stuff I used to make with my latest brewing adventures. Family and friends give me good feedback, brothers reckon the stuff I kick out passes the 'I'd pay pub price for that' test - assume it's a compliment 😀🍻

Bought a some all-grain kits from and bits of stuff from GEB (GeterBrewed) always found them to give good service. Also the option to set up your own recipes in your customer area. Also used the usual suspects in the past - Malt Miller, Brew2Bottle...partly as for the first couple of years, local HB's were in lockdown.

As your in Pudsey, Abbey and Morley HB not too far, along with BrewCo in Halifax.

Bought some odds and sods from this place a few weeks ago, worth a look in

https://wickedbrewing.uk/
Very helpful and knowledgable, will give you lots of advice if you call in.
Outstanding thanks for the advice, just picked up a load of second hand stuff today and plan on doing my first brew next month once I’m setup, will definitely check your suggestions out today!

Back