Light Coloured Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just chilling them now.....

5e065368-0d8c-9eba.jpg

darrellm said:
There's a homebrew shop close to me in Cheltenham that makes up their own kits called "Foresters", I've just brewed their Golden Citrus Blast kit for the second time and had the first pint yesterday. I can honestly say that this is not only the best tasting homebrew kit I've ever tried, but one of the best pints I've ever tasted. My friends who've tried it seem agree. The kits aren't cheap (£28.99) and you can only get them from the shop (although he's trying to setup online), but they're good - two tins of Coopers Malt, some quality yeast, and two muslin bags of hops that you boil up.

I've brewed most of the usual kits (Woodfordes, Brupaks, Coopers) and this is superior IMHO :thumb: If you're ever in the area, give them a try - right next to the Old Restoration Inn, which just happens to be an historic good real ale pub.

Cheers
Darrell

GoldenCitrusBlast.jpg

Matt told me he'd based this on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale ,I've bought a bottle from Tesco haven't tried it yet though.

I've made two batches of his Amber Citrus Blast , drunk the first lot which was excellent , the second batch tastes completely different although it's only been in the keg 6 days ,it seems much more malty and not so much citrus taste yet ,early days though.

Latest posts

Back