Liquid yeast - taken the plunge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends when you're planning to brew. There should be lots of healthy yeast in suspension. You could chill to get them to collect at the bottom (and store) then pour the spent starter wort and resuspend in fresh wort prior to pitching. Alternatively, shake and pitch as is, if you don't have time to chill or the need to store. Both methods work fine.

Ta Mac! I'll probably just shake it up and pour in. Like you say, there will be an amount of yeast in suspension.

Did the above with my latest brew on Sunday. Aerated both the starter and the wort and added my 700ml starter. About half an hour after I pitched, my wife and I went out to see Al Murray at our local theatre, so must have been out about four hours. When I got back the lid on the FV had a nice dome to it already!

This is how it is now:

Pretty chuffed how well this has gone so far; there is no bread or sulphur smell to it, so I can only assume that I pitched the right amount of yeast.

Dave

Latest posts

Back