Little help please (cordial)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jme118

Reaction score
Hi guy/girls

Around 3 weeks ago I put in a cherry and berries cordial I did all the normal boil off the nastys that would kill the yeast. But I've check the Sg and its still at 1.082 I've try to repitch some yeast but still no luck fermentation just don't seem to be starting is there any think I could. Many thanks Jamie

Cherry berries cordial 10ltr (boiled for 30mins)
5kg sugar
water to make up to 5 gallons
Tanning
Glycerine

You could give it a good stir.

To be honest i have given up on using anything that contains preservatives after a long winded attempt at a Ribena wine, i boiled it as per instructions but it took weeks for it to get to 1020, having read numerous posts about Ribena finishing early i decided as i didn't have many DJ's to pour it down the sink and get my first Wurzels Orange Wine on the go, that was probably the best thing i did in my early days of wine making.

Thanks for reply will try when I get home in the morning don't want to put it down the sink I have couple of spare fvs and djs so I can hold out a bit longer and see if it is just very slow or not doing oat at all

Jamie

Are you using yeast that's worked for you before? I took delivery of some Youngs Wine Yeast recently from eBay and I swear it's dead as a dodo. Perhaps worth pitching with an alternate yeast + nutrient if you have something around?

Yeah used some other yeast and still no go going to put it in some DJ and try again

Latest posts

Back