Long term storage

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickthebrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
I`m planning to do a few more country wines (especially in the summer and autumn with all the great free fruit we will be getting hold off :cool: ) so as I have plenty of wine and beer stocks I can commit some DJs to long term storage (year plus) my question is, is it OK to leave on a tiny amount of sediment - I have a rhubarb that is crystal clear and has been in a couple of DJs for around eight months - the sediment is only a couple of mms and is white, has been fined and stabilised etc. I also have two DJs of apple and blackberry (fruit was in the freezer) that was racked and fined a week ago - it is also clear and sat on around 3mm of sediment, should I leave as it is or rack again before storage?

:drink:

Rick, I rack til its clear and store in 5litre water bottles until I get no drop and then bottle.
Still getting drop from my plum from last september, still had a few cheeky nips :D
Never had off tastes though from those left on the sediment for a few weeks though...yet
Reds always seem to take longer than white fruits

Back