Lose Weight - DRINK MORE BEER

Discussion in 'General Beer Discussion' started by bobukbrewer, Mar 27, 2019.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating:

1. Apr 15, 2019 #21

Kenboy

Kenboy

Kenboy

Yes at the moment I'm still in my fat burn. There will be a date when I reach my desired 10-12% bodyfat goal, then it's about being calorie neutral. So ensuring I have a balance of calories in calircal out.

The key thing is consume less calories than You expend, you will lose weight!

2. Apr 15, 2019 #22

Kenboy

Kenboy

Kenboy

Don't hate, motivate

I don't eat a diet of cake burgers and beers. That would be ridiculous. I have a healthy balanced diet, I live a very active lifestyle, which means that if I want to eat burgers cakes & drink beer, my diet allows it. It's also known as " if it fits your macros"

You can balance your calories our across the week. So if today I eat 3000 calories, that's ok, I can have less Tomorrow and on Wednesday etc.

My results speak for themself. As I said, I do this diet (lifestyle) and it works for me as I get to do all the things I love, including drinking beer.

Plenty of info on this online or on YouTube

3. Apr 15, 2019 #23

Kenboy

Kenboy

Kenboy

Great response. Thanks

Just a couple things I disagree with. 1) I like milk in my tea and coffee, so I have milk. You're only talking about 10-20 calories per cup anyway. 2) Carbs are ok, as are fats and other "bad foods" as long as you maintain the calories.

I'm glad you're doing something you enjoy, to me that's the best diet lifestyle to have as otherwise you hate it and quit.

4. Apr 15, 2019 #24

-Bezza-

-Bezza-

-Bezza-

Landlord.

It's strange how much I am enjoying it at the moment. I'm about 15 hours into a fast right now and starting to feel quite hungry, but it feels like there's a purpose to this hunger so it's completely manageable. Plus I know that I'm going to eat in 85 mins, so a clear deadline makes it easier too.

I have milk in my tea and coffee when not fasting. It's only during the fast times that I have black tea and coffee.

And I agree that carbs are ok and fats are ok. However, have a watch of the video I linked for comments on consuming fats and carbs at the same time - something to do with how your body absorbs more of the fat because of the insulin spike caused by the carbs. As I say, too much faff so I don't bother worrying about it.

This is turning into a strange thread for a homebrew forum!!

Kenboy likes this.
  5. Apr 15, 2019 #25

bobukbrewer

bobukbrewer

bobukbrewer

Regular.

strange ? I have seen far worse / better - threads with hundreds of responses are usually worth reading....

6. Apr 15, 2019 #26

Gunge

Gunge

Gunge

Landlord. Supporting Member

I've recently been diagnosed with diabetes and I'm on these tablets called Metformin. 4 a day and I'm away.... scoff and drink what I want. Dunno how the diabetes came about though, I'm 11st wet through, 5'10" and as fit as a fiddle except after sugar and carbs which used to put me flat on my back.

7. Apr 15, 2019 #27

bobukbrewer

bobukbrewer

bobukbrewer

Regular.

I was told I was pre diabetic so I reduced carbs and sugar and increased exercise - bak to normal now - BUT it sounds like you are much further down the road than I was - but talk to your GP

8. Apr 16, 2019 #28

Kenboy

Kenboy

Kenboy

I love that we can expand into other areas in this forum.

Google Dr Tim Noakes. He literally wrote the book on sports nutrition, but later debunked his own research. He will change your mind about sports nutrition, carbs and dieting.

9. Apr 16, 2019 #29

Gunge

Gunge

Gunge

Landlord. Supporting Member

All 'experts' talk shyte. Look how the wheel has turned full-circle about things that are / were good or bad for you. Just eat and drink as you see fit, we aren't long on this earth and if one of the experts is right the best one can expect is an extra year or two during the adult nappy stage. No thanks.

10. Apr 16, 2019 #30

keat64

keat64

keat64

Landlord.

It's not the beer which makes us fat, but the kebab, pizza or fried chicken afterwards.