Low O.G.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevic

Reaction score
Just started my 3rd batch of beer. The 1st two from Wilkos (stout & bitter) having turned out good, especially the stout, given the far from ideal brewing condition. Just to refresh i live on a boat so temp control is nigh on impossible.

This 3rd batch is the Ritchie's Simply Bitter. I have followed the instructions to the letter and have used Ritchie's beer enhancer, having used beer enhancer with the stout.

For this brew i have inherited a hydrometer and not having had one for the previous brews have nothing to compare this with. The O.G. reading i am getting is a disappointing 1.020 even allowing for a bit of temp adjustment and calibration this still would not take it to the O.G. of 1.040ish i was expecting.

Wondering if anyone has experience of these kits or put me right were i may have gone wrong.

Whoops! Sorry folks, isn't my face red. I just had another look at the hydrometer along with my wife who said "should that glass tube thingy with the bubble thingy at the bottom have liquid in it". Doh!

Apologies all and am i glad i didn't start ranting about Simply Bitter.

Back