LPG Bottle Wood Burner Stove??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do any of your neighbours have terraced houses that have cast iron drain pipes ;)

Oh and be careful if using galvanised pipe it gives off poisonous gasses when very hot, & can kill you.

UP

If you can get some big box section 100 150mm that will do it,we scrap loads of that so a root around in a good scrappy may be productive, old co2 bottles welded together sound a good idea as does lamp post, old flexible central heating flu liner can be used on top of a solid flu to get the fumes away, but the initial part of the flu must be quite thick, I am considering using an old soil pipe/land drain (pot) but dont know if it will stand the heat, you need some thing quite thick, these things get hot!

Actually it depends what you want is for, if its just a chimera type garden heater ,then, after its lit and the initial smoke had died down these things burn with a fierce clean heat, a bit like a barbie,with not much smoke at all and if you make one out of a tall bottle its already more of a chimney, a short mild steel stack pop riveted together and stuck on top (assuming you can roll it first) will do.
Anyway ,dont want to sound like an expert,i,m not ,just bodging along like you.
I fancy making a horizontal one out of a tall bottle with a flat surface for cooking on,guys are making pizza ovens ,also you should google rocket stoves ,these are really efficient at home heating. A lot of people struggle to get the valve off, our gas supplier does this all day with a special tool and jig and did mine for nowt,always worth asking.I have since made my own spanner .The gas does linger when the valve is off , so always fill with water after.
The initial burn will kill the smell and melt the paint enough to scrape it then you can spray them up nice ,the paints not cheap tho.
cheers Spud. :D

Bought one off ebay off a bloke who makes then near me, £26.00, was that impressed I gave him £30.00.
CLICKY

Got burner up and running. :party: did anyone else make or buy one? :hmm:
woodburnerfinished.jpg

burner2.jpg

Kev :oops:

ive got a burner made out of an old gas bottle in my "man shed" :D fella made it for me. its great. has an ashpan, high tensile steel great, damper and he also put a baffel in for me. burns great and i can boil a kettle on top in no time at all. really great bit of kit. ill take a pic or two and load them on for people to see. :thumb:

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Got burner up and running. :party: did anyone else make or buy one? :hmm:
woodburnerfinished.jpg

burner2.jpg

Kev :oops:

I see your using yorkshire's finest green fuel, Cut up pallets, you haven't totally lost your touch ;) with the frugalities :D

UP

ive done one of them, chris ireland, the guy who designed it is a aquaintence of mine,(and a long time personal hero) mad as a hatter, i did a beer for his magazine "britchopper bitter", co-incidentally so is the lord yoda whos site you linky to bb, they work very well .theres a thread on britchopper on different varients of the design

heres a link to chris's personal sitehttp://www.chrisireland.impserv.net/Intro.html

and his customised vehicle maghttp://www.britchopper.co.uk/

chris has made jet powered trikes, v8 trikes by the dozen and is currently building a bonneville flats racer from his old indian hes going over with about 4 other seperate racers and their bikes

he used to have a ferret armoured car to take the weekly takings from his custom shop to the bank!

unclepumble said:
I see your using yorkshire's finest green fuel, Cut up pallets, you haven't totally lost your touch ;) with the frugalities :D

UP
LoL, :D Too true. ;)

Back