Major brew day today...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey76

Reaction score
Brewday24Aug2012.jpg

Left to right we have: Muntons Premium Smugglers, Ritchies Simply Mild, Milestone Dasher the Flasher and Milestone Black Pearl

:whistle:

Yep I bottle... can't wait until they're done - have you any idea how much space 240 500ml PET bottles take up??? I need my basement room back!

I quite like bottling, I stick an audio book on and off I go (I batch prime though!)

The Goatreich said:
Also, the airlock on the far right is MASSIVE!!!!!

It's a very typical German "glugger" bit noisy, but does the job! I admit it looks a bit out of place on a 30L barrel, but the company make containers up to 600L, and the airlocks are all interchangable.

Casey76 said:
Yep I bottle... can't wait until they're done - have you any idea how much space 240 500ml PET bottles take up??? I need my basement room back!

I quite like bottling, I stick an audio book on and off I go (I batch prime though!)

Know the feeling only so many glass bottles I can hide in the house. Having to stash empties in the roof space
:wha:

Quote...

Er.... when you've finished bottling your gonna still have to find space for 240 FULL pet bottles
unless you drink very fast........... :cheers: :D

Well done on your brewing. You have done well on your beers and wines these last few months..... will you marry me ? :pray: Ha haaa

You have got the same volume as me I did two brew today and yesterday.

Well Done :thumb: I think we deserve a pint :lol:

piddledribble said:
Er.... when you've finished bottling your gonna still have to find space for 240 FULL pet bottles
unless you drink very fast........... :cheers: :D

Yes, but the full bottles will be all nicely lined up on shelves in the garage, not in a massive cardboard box all jumbled up! ;)

Now I just need to put up another set of shelves and I'll be sorted... goodness knows what the neighbours thing every time I open the garage door :rofl:

they probably say I see Slush bucket is at the booze again....

The Smugglers has gone off like a rocket. The foam has hit the lid already (8 hours after pitching)! Here's hoping that I don't get too much overflow overnight!

Back