Making Some Munton's Bock

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piemaster

Reaction score
It's brew day!

To this point I have made 3 brews and so far they have all been at least reasonably successful. I am just finishing my Christmas beer (Superbowl night should finish them off) and I am now looking to refill the FV.

To this point though I haven't really strayed away from just making up kits. I have experimented a little bit with brewing shorter and longer but now I feel it's time to break out of my comfort zone a little. So today I have made up a Munton's Connoisseurs Bock kit. But I have used Demorara Sugar and added 500g of honey and m brewing it pretty short. I am trying to make something in the style of a strong Belgian Honey beer.

Okay, so it's still a kit and it's only some minor mods, but... small steps :)

Seems to be going okay so far. My OG is 1053 which is higher than anything I have experienced before, but the yeast is growing nicely and we'll see how it progresses.

3 days in and it never developed into such a big 'frothy head' as my previous brews. However it is giving off lots of little bubbles (looking at it, it almost looks 'fizzy') so I assume the yeast is going to work on some level.

We'll see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back