Malware warning from the forum - Admins / Mods please read

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawks

Landlord.
Reaction score
Figured this would be the quickest way to get to Admins / Mods

I was about to look at the Goose Island IPA thread - commented on by vossy recently and Google Chrome slapped me with the malware warning:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
thehomebrewforum.co.uk contains content from planetsmilies.net, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found that malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed. Why not try again tomorrow or go somewhere else?
We have already notified planetsmilies.net that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on planetsmilies.net, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

Its only for that thread - all others seemed ok.. thought it was worth notifying someone smartish though...

I have seen that page today aswel, not sure which thread though & only seen it once, fairly certain it was on here though since I do seem to spend most of the day logged in :)

Reported your post as well, should draw attention to it :)

Thanks for the heads up guys - it's no doubt the topic I started on new emoticons as there were some links to planet smilies there :roll:

I've deleted that thread as a precaution - please report any more oddities you see like this :thumb:

I also get that message when looking at the Goose Island thread. I can't see anything embedded in the thread that might call a remote link, but it's possible that it's one of the pics maybe? Depending on where they are hosted.

It's in "garwatts" signature...

Just after:

"Drinking: Muggles Best Bitter, Smiles Exhibition, Chocolate Treacle Stout, Fuller's London Porter"

:thumb:

Planetsmilies has been throwing malware warnings in lots of different fora I visit.

I can only guess that that particular website is infected.

I have deleted the said malware signiture and Pm'd garwatts. Seems to work ok for me now can someone else verify please :thumb:

Quick work chaps :thumb: - I have just gone into the topic again and no warning now :clap:

Back