Manchester attack: 22 dead and 59 hurt in suicide bombing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies from me but it invariably leads on from one topic to the next,that's the last from the political God Squad member 😉

We have a young lad in my office who is our uni student lacky.. nice lad a bit work shy..

He is from Pakistan and is a muslim.. He is a nice lad we all get on with him and the like.. Last month his auntie was injured in a car bomb in his home. Terrorists are rife there and these things occur everyday. They face the same threat we do as do a lot of places.. They share the same contempt for these people who are "fighting a war".

His feelings on the matter are however that USA actually has a lot of accountability for these in the way they have intervened in things down the past 50 years such as arming Taliban and joining this side getting rid that that guy and they have helped destabilise the middle east.

I just do not think its a cut as dry as exile all the Muslims out (that HAS to be a joke comment surely).. 99% of them condemn what is done and live here in peace and are very decent people. The religion aspect is an excuse.. what they do is not Islam at all. What about people born here and lived here all their lives, where do you suggest they go to? How do you tell who is muslim and who isn't?

I read a study that said most of the suicide bombers do in fact have mental issues, but the problem is their religion promises them 72 virgins in the after life.
So if you get some self-centred looser who is a depressed misfit and not getting any sex, then the religious brainwashing gives him quite a tempting alternative.

I don't, personally, think it needs locking. It possibly does require a few people to give their heads a shake, or seek help. Or read more books instead of Facebook shares.

It is interesting that some people consider radicalisation to be a one-way street. We see and hear, in pubs, shops and, most often (for those who frequent it), on social media, radical, hateful, vindictive, generalised, factless and futile commentary.

It reaches a crescendo in the wake of awful incidents like Manchester and Paris, but it is there all of the time. It is relentlessly corrosive and bitter - and it doesn't serve us well.

By all means, be upset. By all means, be angry. Then let the anger step aside, and let rational action take the lead. Consider and implement policies and strategies to achieve a balance of immigration that meets our societies needs. By all means consider policing and intelligence strategies (and legal/judicial factors) in the attritional war against terrorism.

But quit with the "send 'em back" brigade. Stop the perpetuating of thinly-disguised right-wing propaganda, that is designed to incite the conditions that make terrorism viable as a strategy. This is also radicalisation, but I'm genuinely worried that it is becoming mainstream. PREVENT is supposed to flush out radicalisation among all sections of the population. How can it when people who reject dog-whistling feel outnumbered.

You don't have to look far to find a lot of people you wouldn't want to share a pint with. Maybe drinking at home is one way to cope. Another might be to ask your local Mosque if you could come and say hello.

Now that would be radical.
I certainly don't go along the route of send em all back,however when there are known possible threats wandering around quite openly,then i think that those people should be deported back to the country they came from even if they have as yet not done anything wrong other perhaps than spout their own brand of racist ****.
Because of open door policy we don't have a clue as to who is in the country and who isn't,it's a b####y joke.:twisted:

I certainly don't go along the route of send em all back,however when there are known possible threats wandering around quite openly,then i think that those people should be deported back to the country they came from even if they have as yet not done anything wrong other perhaps than spout their own brand of racist ****.

Where do you deport them to if like has already happened the bombers were born here?

The thousands under obs. ...and as a preventative measure,should they be detained? Ask yourself...why are they being watched?
These nutcases don't fear death...they're brainwashed out of that....they don't like the idea of a 8x6 room no windows and a pot to **** in....

The thousands under obs. ...and as a preventative measure,should they be detained? Ask yourself...why are they being watched?
These nutcases don't fear death...they're brainwashed out of that....they don't like the idea of a 8x6 room no windows and a pot to **** in....

We don't have enough room for people who commit crimes as it is where are we going to put 3000+ potential terrorists?

I have been asked to lock this as they put it "hateful thread" by a single member if anyone else thinks it's gone too far PM me and the mods will discuss it, locking it would be pointless as it would still be here for everyone to read so if we agree with those that complain it will be removed.

Anyone wishing to complain should PM me by 17:00 today.

The 17:00 deadline has passed and we didn't get any more complaints therefore the thread stays for the time being.

As a deterrent, or just for potential terrorists?

And potential murdered?

Potential shoplifters?

Links to any form of terrorism.
Same with potential murderers.

Shoplifters ? Nah , just chop their hands off.

I should be a politician me and write law [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broaden it [emoji848]
There you go - an election winner ?

You benefit from some fundamental tenets of law every single day of your life - and you want them to be eroded or removed.

I'm not being deliberately confrontational, I just don't understand where you're going with this.

You benefit from some fundamental tenets of law every single day of your life - and you want them to be eroded or removed.

I'm not being deliberately confrontational, I just don't understand where you're going with this.

I think he may be posting with his tongue in his cheek however it would not be the first time i have been wrong. :-?

Links to any form of terrorism.
Same with potential murderers.

Shoplifters ? Nah , just chop their hands off.

I should be a politician me and write law [emoji848]

I gotcha. Pi$$take.

No worries. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back