Mangrove Jack's American IPA problem.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. I'd listen to banbeer and watch it over the next 5 to 7 days. If it's stuck at 1016 over that period then at least leave a while somewhere cool before bottling for the yeast to drop out.

Thanks all.

Will it be OK to leave the hops in for a few more days before putting into my crash fridge?

Cheers.

It's been in primary now for 11 days with very varying temps between 19 degrees & 25 degrees.

But stopped bubbling and hit 1016 after around 4/5 days and is still at 1016 now.

I've got some yeast on the way, but i did give a big frothy stir a few days ago which it turns out was possibly the wrong thing to do.

Just tasted it and it tastes ok.
If it were me at 1.016 and its tastes OK I wouldn't bother with new yeast, save that for another day. However I would try adding 100g of sugar as a syrup slowly poured into the beer, then gently stir the whole FV contents and see if that gets it going again. But if that didn't get it to restart I would add the hops. However at bottling time if it stayed at 1.016 or thereabouts I would use at least one PET bottle to monitor how the carbing had gone. Solid PET bottles could be a warning that the primary restarted in the bottles.

Back