Might I introduce...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLServices

Reaction score
...myself?

Potted history - spent 23+ years in brewing for a number of major brewers before deciding to leave before I achieved 'gold watch' territory!

It seemed like a good idea to work for myself so I put together my engineering and QA backgrounds to begin looking after brewing analytical kit, mainly dissolved gases (DO2, CO2, N2 being the usual suspects...) because...well...I seem to understand a bit!

Hopefully I learned a few things in those 23 years (and added to them in the last three) so if I can advise, help or otherwise comment on anything analytical do ask :thumb:

ericstd said:
Hello TLS
Do you do anything with SO2?

Hi - not a lot with instrumentation, but used to analyse SO2 levels regularly on cask beers. What would you like to know?

TLServices said:
Hi - not a lot with instrumentation, but used to analyse SO2 levels regularly on cask beers. What would you like to know?
The normality of Iodine required to titrate a 10ml wine/cider sample with starch indicator and to multiply the mls of titre by 10 to give ppm/mg per litre SO2.
I think it's around the 0.004N mark.

Latest posts

Back