Milestone's Lions Pride - failed to start fermentation!!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guyb

Regular.
Reaction score
Ok, so I did the milestone's Lions Pride yesterday, and to be honest there isn't anything proud about it this morning, it's as flat as a witches mammary!

It's in a closed fermenter with air lock, and it's sealed, and the yeast has been in since 6pm last night.

Done as per instructions, I am a bit pedantic about sterlisiation, so I very much doubt it's my regime.

I also made a starter from the yeast sachet, and it was fizzing like a good un when it went in.

I also oxgenated the wort prior to pitching with my home made whizzer.

So I was wondering, if rousing the yeast this morning fails, then could I re-sterilise the wort by boiling it in my boiler, and then starting it all over with some fresh Safale-04? How long should I boil it? 10 or 15 mins?

Any advice appreciated.

dont boil it :nono: :nono: .... you can re-pitch another yeast if needed but id give it a gentle stir ( with a steri spoon ) and check the temp of the wort first .... but id leave for another 48hrs before i did anything .

jinxy72 said:
dont re-boil it .... you can re-pitch another yeast if needed but id give it a gentle stir ( with a steri spoon ) and check the temp of the wort first .... but id leave for another 48hrs before i did anything .

cheers jinxy, I'll follow that advice, I've gently roused it, and there is a glimmer of hope in that the airlock bubble seems to be active - I'll keep an eye on it over the next 48hrs to see what happens. :thumb:

Back