mini keg with tap on co2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see no reason why not if you can make it fit the inlet connection. Maybe some sort of rubber bung? But why not use the co2 injectors designed for them? They just connect on top, and pull on or off.

iv looked at them but im getting abit lost as layland 7 different type of tap and fitting :?: :?: :wha:

Candirect have quite a few options for 5lt party kegs. I have one of these injectors below, but check out HERE

76220934.jpg

so i could use that injector with that valve or would i been the fitting for the keg.

thats not cheap, i dont think im at that level of brewing just yet.

was thinking about storing the keg up side down so the trud sticks to the top of the keg then fliping when its ready for use

iceo said:
so i could use that injector with that valve or would i been the fitting for the keg.

The injector unit would fit the one you pictured earlier by the look of it or if you haven't got one, I would get the set which includes the keg fitting and the dip tube. The dip tube is better than the Leyland one as it doesn't screw on.

Not sure about the upside down technique, but it might work if you are using a good compacting yeast and have given it time to condition. But I find that after the first pint you don't get much trub and clear beer as long as you don't move it around. I used mine while away in the caravan so was rattled about with travelling. After a day or so it cleared, not crystal clear, but I didn't mind.

ok thanks i will look in to it a bit more. iv got stout in mine at the mo so its not going to be a problem. going to see what cider is like in it.

im thinking of filling up my 5l kegs from my cornie with the beergun so I can take them walkies.

Have a look on THIS thread over on Jim's. Neat way of converting mini kegs, to add co2 without the expense of the gas injector and a way of kegging bright beer.

might work but i would be happier if it was held in place with a nut just in case.

at the mo in using the priming pressure to push the beer out but its a stout so im not to sure how well it would work with ale or cider.

I found that depending on the rate of consumption, I still needed to add co2 after about half empty with my bitter. Converting to tyre valves looks a good way to do it. I mainly use cornies now but a couple of mini kegs are still a good size to take in the caravan for a weekend. Especially if I could transfer bright beer from a cornie and then re carbonate.

i only have a pint a night so it should do me for a week. hope the valve will work with the cider as i would love a bright pint. just ordered 2 more kegs. so will ge3t the other bits in a few weeks

One thing I found with mine was the tendency to foam. I'm trying to figure out how I can attach a longer length of beer line to help control this. Maybe 3/16th line would be better. Just have to figure out how to do it. And then attach a party tap.

What about splitting some tub and bonding it to the tap out put. Or some type of banjo fitting. Or something like tap the hole out to take a threaded tube. Or a bit of inner tube with the valve stem

With the tyre valve gas entry point, it opens up different beer out options. I'm thinking a stainless dip tube might be better than the plastic versions. Just need to get the right OD (13mm) to get a good fit going through the bung and the length. Shouldn't need fixing to the keg as the pressure is not that great to push it out. But a metal strap should sort it if not. I'm thinking along the lines of a keg extractor, just smaller.

Back