Minikegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearlfisher

Landlord.
Reaction score
Last few batches I've made from kits especially the lighter coloured ales have had a taste like Andrews liver salts , after emptying one I rinse it and put a milton sterilising tablet in and fill it with water and put the bung in until it's ready to be filled with the next batch , I'm wondering if the taste is coming from a residue built up by the sterilising tablet .
I've just kegged another batch ,this time I've bottled some as well to compare .

Last few batches I've made from kits especially the lighter coloured ales have had a taste like Andrews liver salts , after emptying one I rinse it and put a milton sterilising tablet in and fill it with water and put the bung in until it's ready to be filled with the next batch , I'm wondering if the taste is coming from a residue built up by the sterilising tablet .
I've just kegged another batch ,this time I've bottled some as well to compare .
Tried a couple of bottles last night ,they were very good saying only been bottled for 5 days , going to try one of the kegs tonight , fingers x'd it's as good.

liver salts isn;t that the indegestion epson salt thing?

as in what soapy?
Hard to explain unless you've ever tasted Andrews -
  • Magnesium sulphate, sodium hydrogen carbonate, citric acid
  • What Original Andrews Salts do
  • Original Andrews Salts quickly and effectively relieve:
  • Indigestion, excess acid, symptoms of over-indulgence, upset stomach, constipation
  • Fast ; effective relief from upset stomach

Latest posts

Back