Moutere, Vista and Eureka! hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone brewed with any of these hops? (Moutere, Vista and Eureka!) - I like to try out new hops and saw these in my last purchase and bought them. Any suggestions on style of beer too if you have any ideas.

Thanks!

Moutere is a bittering hop- smooth and lovely, better than Pacific Gem and Southern Cross and they're great bittering hops too.
Try it in a pilsner for bittering and a delicate late addition. You won't be sorry.
I don't know the other two.

I got mine from Malt miller - I get yeast from CML not hops as yet...are they any good from there?
They're great hops and they have an amazing range. They can be sometimes a little pricier than other suppliers, but that's offset by the free postage. CML are my goto for hops and dry yeasts nowadays.
Last time I was there, I grabbed a bag of Lórien hops for the simple reason that I'm a LOTR fan and their description of them is ridiculous. Anybody tried them yet?

Lórien - 2021 crop • 5.7% AA • The 3rd commercial release from Indie Hops. Tangy fresh fruit and the feeling of a summer meadow near a cold mountain stream

Last edited:
They're great hops and they have an amazing range. They can be sometimes a little pricier than other suppliers, but that's offset by the free postage. CML are my goto for hops and dry yeasts nowadays.
Last time I was there, I grabbed a bag of Lórien hops for the simple reason that I'm a LOTR fan and their description of them is ridiculous. Anybody tried them yet?

Lórien - 2021 crop • 5.7% AA • The 3rd commercial release from Indie Hops. Tangy fresh fruit and the feeling of a summer meadow near a cold mountain stream
I have some but under their Experiential hop name. I used them with other hops so didn't get all those delicate flavours so have kept the rest for doing a single hopped beer to find out if they match up to the descriptors.

Fully agree regarding CML.

Back