MP Scandals

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me why you think it would have been different under a labour government.
12 years of counter factual speculation about what an imaginary gov would do is frankly impossible.

Yet based on pure speculation (as it seems no one knows what Starmers plans are) some here are convinced Labour are going to shake the magic money tree and all our troubles will be far away once they get in.

Yet based on pure speculation (as it seems no one knows what Starmers plans are) some here are convinced Labour are going to shake the magic money tree and all our troubles will be far away once they get in.
Hasn't Lizzie the Truss promised to do just that to the tune of 30 billion? Tax cuts, NI increase reversal and loads of borrowing. I find it truly weird that in the public psyche, Tory spending and, indeed, mis-spending might at most, raise an eybrow, but if Labour do it, it's the end of life as we know it.

Even Starmer doesn't know what Starmmer's plans are- for security purposes no doubt.

I have read some ridiculous posts in this forum but i think that takes the biscuit.
Steady on. It's just a declaration of belief. Some people think there's an almighty being up in the sky watching over and nurturing us- in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. That's ridiculous, but whatever floats your boat. Me, I believe that one day I shall perfect the beer of eternal youth and happiness. Now that's much more sensible. :laugh8:
:laugh8: :laugh8:

Lots of strong viewpoints here. A lot of infighting and not a lot of ideas of how to fix anything. You'd all do well in Westminster 🤣

Exactly and the personal insults i have removed this morning have lead to members having their permission to post in this thread removed the next step will be a snug ban -

Last edited:
Steady on. It's just a declaration of belief. Some people think there's an almighty being up in the sky watching over and nurturing us- in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. That's ridiculous, but whatever floats your boat. Me, I believe that one day I shall perfect the beer of eternal youth and happiness. Now that's much more sensible. :laugh8:
:laugh8: :laugh8:
Hahaha.
Dutto for PM, say I, and Clarence for Minister for the newly nationalised State Brewery, Foxy for Standards in Public Office and Chippy for Chancellor.

What's your dream team of forum members to run the country?
I can't be in it as I'm in France and my dog is of Swiss decent.

Whoever answers, please start a new thread as some members can no longer post on this one.

Hasn't Lizzie the Truss promised to do just that to the tune of 30 billion? Tax cuts, NI increase reversal and loads of borrowing. I find it truly weird that in the public psyche, Tory spending and, indeed, mis-spending might at most, raise an eybrow, but if Labour do it, it's the end of life as we know it.
Sunak said that will push us into recession and it probably will, the Tory members are between a rock and a hard place it doesn't matter which they choose nothing is going to change.

I love the way that labour are always accused of "the magic money tree", yet the tories never are, despite May finding £1bn out of nowhere to bribe the DUP into a coalition, the last 3 years of monumental spending and both Truss and Sunaks plans to lower taxes whilst at the same time spending more.

I love the way that labour are always accused of "the magic money tree", yet the tories never are, despite May finding £1bn out of nowhere to bribe the DUP into a coalition,
Well lets hope Labour find the same tree i hope they can shake more than £1 bn out of it as they are going to need it.

Well lets hope Labour find the same tree i hope they can shake more than £1 bn out of it as they are going to need it.
No less than the Tories. The whole country's ******. Let's hope that at least labour can do it without selling off the NHS to their business mates.

I have read some ridiculous posts in this forum but i think that takes the biscuit.
I’ve posted “Sad” for the simple reason that everyone isn’t “on the take” or “out for what they can get out it” as you seem to propose.

Even some of the “I’m alright Jack!” brigade have a conscience; as demonstrated by a mate of mine who now tips the people who serve him on foreign cruise ships! (*)

(*)

Many of these people are on a “Bed and Board” contract, but they are also on “£1 a week plus tips.” for wages!

I’ve posted “Sad” for the simple reason that everyone isn’t “on the take” or “out for what they can get out it” as you seem to propose.

No sad emoticon present in the original post!

I think its safe to say Boris has told more lies than Kier but to go so far as to say the majority of the labour party are more honest than the Tories is just pure speculation.

Simple. I believe that in the UK:
  1. We have some politicians that are honest and hard working.
  2. The majority of these politicians are in the Labour Party.

Last edited:

Even some of the “I’m alright Jack!” brigade have a conscience; as demonstrated by a mate of mine who now tips the people who serve him on foreign cruise ships! (*)

(*)

Many of these people are on a “Bed and Board” contract, but they are also on “£1 a week plus tips.” for wages!
I've only come across one Tory, who's made me look and and think that maybe he's not such a bad chap even if I disagree with his policies. Since he's recently had the whip withdrawn, I might even have been right.
Apart from Rory Stuart, whose book "The Places In Beween" I'm readying with jaw-dropping amazement at this very moment.

"Having the whip withdrawn" conjures up images well beyond those usually encountered in normal, everyday sado-masochism, don't you think?

Back