My Barrelator Build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any tips to miss all the important stuff when drilling the side?
Loved Buffer’s answer - still giggling. I use a dremel tool to cut inside wall plastic about 1 square inch where I want to drill. I gently tease out the foam and end up with a clear path to the outer wall that I can drill through. Once pipe is in, I push foam back in around pipe and put sealer around pipe. Probably OTT - next time I’m going to try Buffer’s way - sounds more exciting.

Very nice job, sir.
Well done.
You can just put female threaded John guest type directly onto the threaded male of the bulkhead gas ball lock. Then gas pipe goes in on the duotight other end of John guest.
D3iOl-zavuurdsmwrqjbysheypmgyb.jpgaKQeK-errgr3lzetbgfhcenygoorsa.jpg
You'd have only needed your backing plate added in then and saved the cost and leak potential of the extra fittings.
But I expect you had a reason.
Looks like your " nipple " could be drilled to fit a liquid bulkhead connector connection ( ouch ) and have a more sanitary connection for line to my beer engine. What else did you use to engineer that part of your build?

Last edited:
If you have access to a flir camera line finding or avoiding is a bit easier in side of fridge. Freezer shown here as I have commercial display fridge converted for kegs.
yzwnn-ylpiwroz2sbgqwdfzq6ioqnt.jpgRmEMP-iudbjav6wd4govnbp5vomxxy.jpg
If you have old style or commercial fridge they have condenser as black grille on the back and no lines in the side. So drill without fear. This allows more than one fridge to be positioned tightly together or built in tight.
Other fridges need an air gap to allow the warm sides to cool. Seems daft to hide the warm parts in the wall of fridge and in the insulation.

gLFnJ-ogjeohnv6tx3z3hinhd6vsao.jpeg

Well done.
You can just put female threaded John guest type directly onto the threaded male of the bulkhead gas ball lock. Then gas pipe goes in on the duotight other end of John guest.
View attachment 74599View attachment 74600
You'd have only needed your backing plate added in then and saved the cost and leak potential of the extra fittings.
But I expect you had a reason.
Looks like your " nipple " could be drilled to fit a liquid bulkhead connector connection ( ouch ) and have a more sanitary connection for line to my beer engine. What else did you use to engineer that part of your build?
Hi @RoomWithABrew . That arrangement didn’t last very long. Once I got 2 taps and 2 barrels in the barrelator I got fed up having to keep moving the connector from one barrel to the other. It also had a tendency to rotate around the nipple and got a bit annoying too. So I made a bracket from a piece of polycarbonate and mounted two corny gas posts. I could pass 2 lengths of 3/16” pipe through the existing hole and used push fit connectors to connect to the posts.
052978EE-8DA4-4910-920A-CB104B46411B.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back