My brew fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a beko fridge and an STC 1000 on the way to me. What's the best way to wire it up and bypass the fridges own thermostat? And if possible so the light still comes on when I open the fridge door.

This is the wiring diagram for the stc1000.
will cntrol your tubular heater and the fridge....

and the little light still comes on... :idea:

ECLIPSE said:
I've got a beko fridge and an STC 1000 on the way to me. What's the best way to wire it up and bypass the fridges own thermostat? And if possible so the light still comes on when I open the fridge door.

It isn't necessary to bypass the internal thermostat unless it doesn't work.
Set it to the lowest temperature/highest cooling setting and it will work fine.
Most fridges work in a quite narrow band of approx. 0°c - 10°c and we generally want temps higher than that except when crash cooling or lagering.

My only concern with this is that once the stc cuts the power it will effectively be pulling the plug on the compressor. Won't this cause damage/premature failing of it in the long term

ECLIPSE said:
My only concern with this is that once the stc cuts the power it will effectively be pulling the plug on the compressor. Won't this cause damage/premature failing of it in the long term

The STC-1000 has a delay setting to prevent this ;)

anthonyUK said:
ECLIPSE said:

The STC-1000 has a delay setting to prevent this ;)

What's the best time to set this at? I believe default is 3 minutes?

Back