My name's Adam and I'm a homebrew beginner

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamJohn

Reaction score
Hello all. Following the advice in the registration email and introducing myself.

I am a complete beginner at home brewing. I purchased a 25l fermentation vessel (no tap) and a plastic 5 gallon pressure gallon from wilkinsons a few years ago but it has just sat in the shed since then! I am now fully motivated and shall be looking to purchase the additional equipment required this weekend plus a beer kit.

My nearest Homebrew shop is about a 30minute drive away according to google in Cambourne (I am in Cornwall), never been. Not sure whether to head over there or order online as postage / petrol is probably going to be about the same!

Hi Adam.

Get a brew on !

no use to anyone an empty fermenter.

There's no need for a tap to ferment with but it will make life a whole lot easier if you decide to bottle. Get one for 2 weeks after you start fermenting and then syphon your brew of the sh.. er trub.... into fermenter with tap and bottle.

hi and welcome to this very great forum...
im new here as well, there a great bunch here ....
regards mick... :hat: .

Go to the shop loads to look at and good advise "you dont get that when you buy online"

Brewing; Treacle Ale
Drinking; Wilko's Hoppy Copper ale...Virgin brew.
:drink:

Latest posts

Back