My STC-1000 kegerator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just thinking way down the line of having a few corny stood in a chest freezer and taps on so could have a few beers chilled in a keg. Seen things online like that. But just wondered if it could be achieved with what seems like quite ease just using the STC.

Definitely sounds like a plan if you've got the freezer anyway! Imagine you can keep a decent number of kegs cool compared to a normal-size fridge :thumb:

Seen plenty YouTube videos of It done. But all American and the wiring required is different in UK. But think that STC could be way round it. 3-4 kegs different ales on tap. Yippee!! Mrs might not be as enthusiastic but I can live in hope.

I use a chest freezer to regulate at fermentation temperature then take the temperature right down to cold crash - no reason you couldn't use it just to keep it cool at fridge temperatures. The only thing to be wary of is that if the compressor keeps cycling on and off you'll burn it out so set the delay time on the STC slightly longer - think mine it at 10 minutes.

I'm way off this at present. Got first corny today so I'm getting giddy and thinking big. Truth is I've no idea what to do with a corny yet.

Latest posts

Back