My wheat beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Belly

Reaction score
This is my 2nd brewing adventure. I though i'd try a wheat kit.

Started the Wyeast (3068) smack pack and left it 3 hours approx:

IMG_9071_edited-1.jpg

then put it in a starter bottle:

IMG_9077_edited-1.jpg

Decided to use 2 cans of Coopers wheat, I boiled them for about 20mins with 50g of coriander seed and a bit of hot water:

IMG_9082_edited-1.jpg

Added it to the FV and some cold campdened water

IMG_9087_edited-1.jpg

added 800g of wheat spray malt, stirred in. Took the OG:

IMG_9095_edited-1.jpg

added the yeast, just over an hour later I had this:

IMG_9101.jpg

12 hours later:

IMG_9105_edited-1.jpg

so, should I leave it like that for 2 weeks or less if it looks like it's stopped?

also, If the OG is 1.060 and say the FG is 1.015 will that leave me with a higher alcohol content than if it finished at 1.010? In other words, the more the gravity changes the more alcohol I will have? As you can probably see i'm still trying to work out the gravity thing lol :wha:
If I add some more spray malt, say 100g during the fermentation will I increase the alcohol %?

:drink:

Beer Belly, congratulations for the good work you´ve done :clap:

That looks really excellent, makes me mouth watering.

If the OG is 1.060 and say the FG is 1.015 will that leave me with a higher alcohol content than if it finished at 1.010?

other way round, from 1060 to 1010 you´ll get more alcohol than from 1060 to 1015
guess you have meant it that way, just typed the wrong way.

In other words, the more the gravity changes the more alcohol I will have? As you can probably see i'm still trying to work out the gravity thing lol :wha:
yes, thats right.

so, should I leave it like that for 2 weeks or less if it looks like it's stopped?

I wouldn´t leave it that long, think after the 3rd day in primary you may fill it in bottles or kegs.

If I add some more spray malt, say 100g during the fermentation will I increase the alcohol %?
of course it will

Cheers :cheers:

Latest posts

Back