Name for a Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezmez68

Reaction score
Hi there and greetings to fellow homebrewers in the UK!

I am planning on making an strong bitter in the future and wanted to give it a solid British name. It's going to be made with Marris Otter as well as dark crystal malts. I'll be using 2 oz of Willamette hops for the recipe (as I ordered a half pound, and 6 oz are going to be used in my Red Rooster ale). I've only been to London once on a trip from Germany for a week, but I thought you all might have some suggestions. Planning on using Wyeast London ESB yeast for this one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

jezmez68 said:
Good names all around. Congestion Charge sounds compelling. What is that a reference to?

It's the charge levied by local government ie Transport for London, to enter central London via car, £8 per day currently :!:
Used to discourage motorists from entering the centre of the capital :roll: other cities are considering following suit :twisted:

jezmez68 said:
Good names all around. Congestion Charge sounds compelling. What is that a reference to?
If you want to drive your car through London you have to pay a (£8) charge to do so . . . . In addition to a Road Fund Licence . . . and Fuel Duty . . .and Parking Fees . . .. It is designed to cut down on the cars going into /through London . . . by encouraging people to use public transport . . . but 80% of people living/working in London already use public transport :roll:

If Its going to be a well matured strong brew while not consider' Bodacia bitter' Strong enough to cut your legs off :whistle:

Back