NCB January Meet this Saturday 12noon Heald Green Cheshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclepumble

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just a quick Heads Up, I have not been very active on here recently due to work commitments etc.

Its the First meet of the year at Heald Green Village Hall Cheshire, of the Northern Craft Brewers.

All welcome, we will be sampling a yeast trial Brew 4 cornies of same batch split 4 ways (it was 6 but 2 failed) meet 12noon for a 1pm Meeting.

full details Here

We look forward to meeting you all.

UP

I will have a box of ??????????????????????????????, to give out as freebies on saturday.

All Kindly donated by Rob at the Malt Miller.

Yet another reason not to miss this Saturdays meeting.

& you won't know whats going begging if you don't come :D

UP

The yeast trial brew theme was a bit of a disaster as the cornies, I took must have still had sediment in them, therefore the 4 beers were a little Turbid to say the least, :shock: @ least the members present were kind enough to sample the 4 offerings, & there was definitely a marked difference between the 4 beers.

The concensous split the preference between Gervin English Ale & Thames Valley 2, but to be fair I think it wasn't a fair offering to judge them properly.

I therefore declared the tasting a monumental disaster, & will endeavor to redo the whole thing, when I have more time to hand later in the year.

We all had an excellent meeting & a few of us retired to the Port Street Beer House to sample some excellent commercial beers in the early evening.

Our next meeting is March 31st at the Saltaire Brewery Shipley, an English IPA competition & a Joint meeting with the Midlands Craft brewers, mark a date in your diary as it will be a fool who misses this meeting, there will be plenty of IPA's on the day to sample, & plenty of very knowledgeable brewers to have a good old chinwag with.

I hope to see you there.

UP

Oh &**&...

This was in my old phone calender... but not in my new.. bugger... seeing as I work in the Griffin about .5ml away.. &**$£$£

Latest posts

Back