Nearly 2 Years and 40 kits my verdict.....a surprise winner

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dollop

Reaction score
Have brewed lager kits made by Coopers, Betterbrew, Black Rock, Simply, Hambleton Bard, EDME, Youngs, Finlandia, Brewferm, Tom Caxton, Art of Brewing, Muntons, Wilkos, Tooheys..............etc

Have used brewing sugar or beer kit enhancer.

Yet i am sat here tonight drinking a really enjoyable pint with no home brew twang. Brewed with brewing sugar at a steady 21c for 2 weeks left to cool for one week and then into the cold shed for two weeks conditioning. Third time i have brewed this as i could not believe the results first and second time even swimbo concurred.

Why is it a winner ? because i was after a low cost lager, easy to brew and ready to drink without waiting ages for a really really good result.

The winner is..................Wilkos cerveza it really is that good !!!

( in fairness i have also brewed Wilkos Golden lager and pilsner....not a patch on this )

Do you brew it straight, just kit plus brewing sugar with kit yeast? And does the SWIMBO wear a costume? ;-)

That's interesting. I'm in the early stages of what you did; so far 8 different kits brewed since September, and more lined up (see signature). Wilkos cerveza was not even on my shortlist, but could be worth a try.

clibit said:
Do you brew it straight, just kit plus brewing sugar with kit yeast? And does the SWIMBO wear a costume? ;-)

Hi, brewed to 20 litres with 1kg brewing sugar and supplied yeast.

( SWIMBO was wearing her boltie costume but in light of recent events i have banned her from wearing it again )

I have this kit languishing behind a Wherry and a Golden stag, bought it because it would have been criminal not to(£5) in a recent Wilko sale, you have rekindled my interest Dollop. :hat:

Back