NEIPA WATER ADDITIONS

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRYBO

Reaction score
hi guys am new to all grain brewing and cannot get me head round water treatment i will be doing a neipa from er get brewed next week biab and wondering what to add to my tap water i have got a water report as follows these are the only numbers i got
CALCIUM 95
MAGNESIUM 8
SODIUM 19.4
SULPHATE 125
CHLORIDE 33.8
I HAVE ALSO BOUGHT A PH METER ANY HELP WOULD MUCH BE APPRECIATED BRY

Have a read through strange Steve’s thread on water, the treatment of water is only part of the process to making a neipa.
The biggest killer of a good neipa is oxygen, closed transfer to kegs is the best way to eliminate o2 from ruining your brew.

Have a good read of Steve’s guide, also plenty of good videos on YouTube about closed transfer.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/...ore-advanced-water-treatment-in-post-1.64822/

Have a read through strange Steve’s thread on water, the treatment of water is only part of the process to making a neipa.
The biggest killer of a good neipa is oxygen, closed transfer to kegs is the best way to eliminate o2 from ruining your brew.

Have a good read of Steve’s guide, also plenty of good videos on YouTube about closed transfer.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/...ore-advanced-water-treatment-in-post-1.64822/
ty i got snub nose for closed transfer to keg many thanks

If you haven’t already got them get a couple of salifert test kits for Kh/alk and ca
you need to find out the hardness of your water.I am still a noob at treating water, but people will help with additions, if you ask in Steve’s thread.

I just got my second neipa on the go, 48hrs in, hopefully it’s good again doing 20g per ltr this time.

Attachments

• BA9ECF7F-9B58-4AFE-A9AA-E6F0A785FD51.jpeg
    BA9ECF7F-9B58-4AFE-A9AA-E6F0A785FD51.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 31
If you haven’t already got them get a couple of salifert test kits for Kh/alk and ca
you need to find out the hardness of your water.I am still a noob at treating water, but people will help with additions, if you ask in Steve’s thread.

I just got my second neipa on the go, 48hrs in, hopefully it’s good again doing 20g per ltr this time.
ty

Latest posts

Back