New Brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supercooper

Reaction score
After an awful first attempt a few months ago, I have just fermented my latest beer. Muntons IPA.
Last time I tried a brew, a bleedin' fruit fly got in (the lid was missing on FV, so I used a dinner plate!!) and turned it to vinegar. This time I bought two new FV's, one to do initial fermentation in, the second to put priming sugar solution in, then top up with syphoned beer from first FV.
I have just sterilised my bottles, which to be honest was a real pain. I used VWP solution, filled each bottle and then filled the FV and all tubing. I hope someone has invented is a better way to do this over the last 20 years, cos my back is killing and the bathroom is a mess.
I'm now going to knock up the priming syrup and get cracking with the bottling.
I will have to wait a month or so to let you know how it went, but watch this space

Supercooper

hi and welcome , yes there are 3 things to help with bottling , a bottle tree , a little bottler and some star san for sterilising no rinse solution . i just rinse out my bottles as and when i have 1 then spray it then store away until i want em and just give em a spray and ready to use .

Welcome to the forum :thumb:
Make it easier, use a small amount in each bottle and slosh round a few times, same for the fv, you don't need to fill them.

Thanks for the advice. I have had a quick look around the forum for sanitising sprays, and came across a few warning about methanol. Do these instant no rinse sanitisers have any methanol content?
I gotta say, to get impartial advice from a whole host of other home brewers is one reason why I joined, and from my first post, you've not let me down. I'm gonna enjoy being a member here!

Back