New from Wychwood

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calumscott

Regular.
Reaction score
Living, as I do, quite close to the Wychwood Brewery, I sometimes spot things...

...this time it was a case of bottles on the back seat of a parked car so I didn't want to look like I was about to rob it so I only really got a quick look.

The bottles were green, similar in style to Green Goblin bottles.

I'm pretty sure that there were snakes or serpents involved in the label and name. So, does anyone have the inside track? Is it another cider to sit alongside Green Goblin or could they have done a lager perchance?

Yeah, I took a quick look on there but it's missing Green Goblin too which is making me think it was a new cider.

I've never been but would love to do it. I was down there for RIAT the last few years but found you needed to book way in advance in the summer months...just had a quick nosey it's not too bad at the mo :cool:

Vossy1 said:
Possibly Snake Bite, it's in our Tesco's :hmm:

Forgot to update the thread!

Snakes Bite is what it is. It's apparently an appley beer or something...

...anyone tried one yet?

It doesn't get any rave reviews :lol: :lol:

Anyone tried it, most internet reviews I have read say it is a bit synthetic.

Snakebite is indeed 50/50 lager/cider.

Wychwood's Snakes Bite was described by the brewery thus:

"We have a new Cider Apple fruit beer called Snake's Bite now available. It is a 4.2% beer..."

So that to me says beer made with apples in rather than a mix of lager and cider.

I'll send SWMBO to get a couple of bottles...

So Tesco had it in stock when this week's order went in and I'm nearly at the bottom of the first bottle.

It's too sweet.

And that's the only thing wrong with it. Everything else, the pale ale base, the acid tang and the fruitiness from the apples is brilliant.

It's just a bit too sweet.

Shame really.

Back