New Member from Bristol

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Reaction score
Another Bristol lad joins the forum.

I have just started my third brew, its a coopers irish stout I followed the instructions with the exception of adding the sugar, I used 1k of dark malt extract, fermentation started the following day and all look good, so off to the local for a few beers.

I returned from the local only to find the lid on my fermenter was lifted in three places, the airlock was full of foam.

I removed the air lock and gave it a wash and refitted the lid, all seems ok now, still fermenting although a little slow.

Have I screwed this one up? and if so where did I go wrong?

I also have a coopers IPA & English bitter to start but will come back to the forum for a few guidelines.

Thanks.........Jeff

It'll be fine, the CO2 pushed the lid off but will also have kept any baddies out.

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Nothing wrong there, sounds like healthy fermentation to me :thumb:

:thumb: Thats good news, thanks to you for your comments, looking forward to a stout or 2 over christmas, now looking at the coopers bitter, call for 500g of light malt, will give it a go later. Thanks again.

Hello and welcome.

LMAO at the stout :)

My first stout nearly scared the wife to death, she was quietly making a cuppa when the airlock 'exploded' and bounced the top hat part off the ceiling at a rate of knots :D

From what I've seen on here stouts are quite 'assertive' with their early fermentation, you are lucky not to be mopping up half a pint or so out the carpet!

Latest posts

Back