The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepperwood

Reaction score
A short introduction; I am a retired RAF Veteran who has just returned to the UK (Andover) after living in Cyprus since 2003; Whilst in Cyprus I helped out in a local winery, this involved all processes of wine making and sales. However, I used to make home brew beer before leaving the RAF and have decided to start again, albeit, there have been a lot of advancements since my last batch. I have purchased a Festival Britfire kit to try following the instructions and ask whether anyone has any suggestions before I start. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a retired RAF Veteran who has just returned to the UK (Andover) after living in Cyprus since 2003;

Welcome to the forum
cheers:

I seem to remember my father telling me he did his national service in Cyprus.

I have purchased a Festival Britfire kit to try following the instructions and ask whether anyone has any suggestions before I start. Thanks
I have moved the thread to the beer kit forum as a lot of members may have missed your question.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! I have only made 3 kits so far and messed a little with the first 2, adding extra hops to a coopers lager kit and chocolate malt with demerara sugar to a coopers irish stout kit, both I brewed short at 21ltrs rather than the suggested 23ltrs. Last kit was a mangrove jacks blueberry cider, which I followed to the letter for a change.

Lots of little things you can do to make it your own, just follow your tastes.

Welcome to the forum- I might be your nearest member in Amesbury.

My only kit advice is that it might take longer to mature than the instructions say, don’t be disappointed if early tastings aren’t quite there.

Hello and welcome. My advice would be take it at your own pace and get back into the swing of things slowly and surely to avoid potential disappointment. The hobby has evolved quite quickly for me, but I do try and keep it simple as much as I possibly can (primarily I mean, keeping the recipes simple, as I'm into all grain now and I like to learn what each ingredient brings).

Good luck, I am sure your brews will be the pride of the Sgts Mess in no time!

Greetings

As you've brewed previously you should have the basics down pat. I'd only suggest that you get another brew on as soon as you can after the first.
The waiting time for your first batch can be so frustrating but once you get your stock levels up you'll be sorted.
I'll be interested to hear how the Britfire turns out as I've got one to do myself but it's a few brews down my list.
Good luck

Cheers Tom

Back