New member needing help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siarr19

Reaction score
Hi all, been lurking since my wonderful wife bought me a starter kit (with wherry) as birthday gift; most welcome. Been checking videos and hitting Twitter ever since to obsess and worry every step of my first brew. Loving what I've seen of the community so far and hope I'm in a position to stick my oar in too before long.
Cheers

I feel you are already in a position to 'stick your oar in' even with your first brew. I am a somewhat 'well seasoned' brewer and when I look at some of the comments and observations of the novice, it reminds me of things I have long since forgotten. When one gets into good practise one forgets what can, and does, go wrong, the problems encountered and so forth. I became very aware of that whilst teaching my son-in-law in Australia simple grain brewing methods. He had lots of questions about stuff that I take for granted: it was a fantastic (re)learning curve for me.

Well cheers for that. I take it you're an all-grain man. As I said I'm brand new to brewing but a big beer fan and hopefully I'll be doing it all from scratch too at some (distant) point; sure I'll be leaning on everyone here for some pointers along the way.
Happy brewing
Si

Hello Siarr19,

Siarr19 said:
... a starter kit (with wherry) ... obsess and worry every step of my first brew

One of the forum members has done a really good guide on How to make a premium beer kit, from start to finish, complete with pictures. He uses a beer keg, while I've been bottling, so I've learnt about beer kegs from him! Just make sure you sterilize everything that comes into contact with the wort.

M

Back