New member shout out.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck Spears

Reaction score
Hi all, Chuck from Northern Ireland (Norn Iron as we pronounce it) and completely new to this game. I love cider and read about making your own Turbo Cider as you guys call it just for fun but as I read more and watched more videos I soon got hooked on the whole idea and the different processes of beer and wine making too. Got a few bits of basic kit ready at the moment, fermentation bucket, hydrometer, 8 litres of pure apple juice, yeast, most boxes ticked and going to give it a blast today! You'll probably have to chew it before swallowing but it's a learning curve I'm going to enjoy. All the best folks and be ready for eye rolling stupid questions...lol.

Hi all, Chuck from Northern Ireland (Norn Iron as we pronounce it) and completely new to this game. I love cider and read about making your own Turbo Cider as you guys call it just for fun but as I read more and watched more videos I soon got hooked on the whole idea and the different processes of beer and wine making too. Got a few bits of basic kit ready at the moment, fermentation bucket, hydrometer, 8 litres of pure apple juice, yeast, most boxes ticked and going to give it a blast today! You'll probably have to chew it before swallowing but it's a learning curve I'm going to enjoy. All the best folks and be ready for eye rolling stupid questions...lol.
Welcome @Chuck Spears .
When you're not making or drinking turbo cider, what cider do you drink and like?
I'm a cider lover myself (West Country) and, while I've never made or drunk it, turbo cider seems to be something quite different. is it any good? What commercial brands does it resemble? Or is it something I should have discovered in my student days to simply get rat-arrsed on?

Welcome @Chuck Spears .
When you're not making or drinking turbo cider, what cider do you drink and like?
I'm a cider lover myself (West Country) and, while I've never made or drunk it, turbo cider seems to be something quite different. is it any good? What commercial brands does it resemble? Or is it something I should have discovered in my student days to simply get rat-arrsed on?
This will be my first go at the Turbo mate I've only brewed the kits from shops that were not up to much and that was a half arsed attempt with mates chipping in a few quid each years ago. I usually drink magners but had this glorious stuff in florida a few years ago that tasted like boozy pure apple juice at 6.5 abv and thought...I'm gonna make something like that when I get home. That was 10 years ago I'm in my early 50's now so I'm starting from scratch and been reading everything I can for the last few weeks. They make Turbo Cider in prison so I think I can do a bit better in my kitchen!

Latest posts

Back