The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubblesBar

Reaction score
Hello from East Yorks, and thankyou for accepting me. Been AG brewing for a few years now using a hermes setup. Currently got a Brown ale and an English IPA in the fermenting fridge both out of the Greg Hughes book. Also had a go this year at pressing apples/cider which seems to be going well at the moment. Mainly at the moment into traditional brews ie bitter, mild, stouts, and brown ales.

Hello from East Yorks, and thankyou for accepting me. Been AG brewing for a few years now using a hermes setup. Currently got a Brown ale and an English IPA in the fermenting fridge both out of the Greg Hughes book. Also had a go this year at pressing apples/cider which seems to be going well at the moment. Mainly at the moment into traditional brews ie bitter, mild, stouts, and brown ales.
Nice one, @BubblesBar. Add light summer ales to that list and that's pretty much my repertoire, too. Finished doing the cider last week and I'd be interested to know what you did and how it's coming on. Welcome to Valhalla.

Nice one, @BubblesBar. Add light summer ales to that list and that's pretty much my repertoire, too. Finished doing the cider last week and I'd be interested to know what you did and how it's coming on. Welcome to Valhalla.
I managed to press 80ish litres of mixed apple juice in two barrels, I added 7 crushed Campden tablets to each barrel to kill off wild yeast and any pathogens. After 24 hours added cider yeast, fermentation has finished so will rack off sometime this week. Regards the lighter beers, I do tend to brew pale ipa,s etc in the summer months, but as the cooler darker nights start drawing in tend to drink more traditional beers etc. Next double brew day got a mild and a stout planned.

Latest posts

Back